Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Moments to share

I've been thinking about sharing some of the moments in my life. Some moments are just too good to keep to yourself, and others just need to be ranted about.

My sister told me that, writing down my thoughts will release the stress of difficulties in life. "It helps to get it off your chest. Put it all out there in black and white" she said. Does ranting and raving in print sound less like ranting and raving? Hmm, I wonder.

I follow a few blogs. Most of them for entertainment, some for inspiration and some I follow because people interest me. I think about the thought processes of other people and how they deal with the moments of their life. What path did someone follow to live a particular moment in their life? How does anyone know, what moments in life are worth writing down to share with someone you don't even know?

I'm 48 years old. Does any one care, if I share my wonderful moments or my ranting and raving moments? After thinking about it, I've decided it doesn't matter. Life's moments are not about that. Deciding to share a moment, or a thought, or a rant and rave, should not have a "who's going to see you do it" attached to it. Sharing the moments should give the author, personal satisfaction. A written reminder of "the" moment. A picture of words, if you will.

As the saying goes, "it's not about the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath". So good moments or bad, shared or not, I think I'll write about some of them.

Everyday is a present. Open it and see what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment