Wednesday, March 3, 2010

7 years blessed

7 years ago today, I underwent surgery for breast cancer. I have survived the "C" word for 7 years. I am thankful for the past 7 years. A lot has happened that I am blessed to have been here on earth for. Both of my daughters graduated from college and married in the last 7 years. My oldest daughter gave me the wonderful gift of a granddaughter in the last 7 years. I got to celebrate 7 more wedding anniversaries with my husband including a 25th! I have become a great aunt, and I'm getting ready to watch my neice graduate from nursing school. I have seen places that I always wanted to see. I have gotten to hear my granddaughter call me Granny and give me "big hugs"! I'm experiencing the process of aging, wrinkles, gray hair, arthritis, etc. I have lost family members. I have witnessed the suffering of friends who have lost loved ones to the "C" word and other maladies. I have lived knowing every day is a gift, and while "every" day of the last 7 years has not included celebrations of anniversaries, graduations, weddings, and births, every day is still a day to celebrate the day that the Lord has made. I am grateful to have been here to experience all of it!

1 comment: